Generally, a student may not need a car while studying in the US. The public transportation available in most of the cities are good enough and are easily accessible too. Also, most of the colleges and universities consider that you will not bring a car and hence no parking space is available
However, in certain situations having a car can be useful. As an example, if you are going for Optional Practical Training and the location is not accessible through public transit, then you may need to buy a car. Also, in a few cities car may be very essential as the public transportation system is not adequate.
In all such situations, for car shipping for college students, you can contact the representative of Ship a Car, Inc. who can help you in all possible way to transport your car to your new destination.
There are a few benefits of having your car while you are studying in the university.
- You can always leave from your campus area whenever you will need a break.
- Often you may go for combined studies with your friends who may need to be dropped.
- During holidays you can spend your time visiting some different places with your friend and spend the late-night without worrying about public transport during odd hours.
- You can always plan for any road trips whenever your classes are off.
- If you have got an Internship that is out of campus then you can easily commute.
- By shipping your old car you can save your money by not buying any new car.
- You can always come back home during your long holidays by driving your car.
There are plenty of car shipping services available and transporting your car through any of them is not too difficult. The following are a few steps that you need to follow:
1. Select a car shipping company
You can research to find a suitable transporter who will be ready to transport your car. Try to find their charges and all terms and conditions. Try to read the review about the company or obtain feedback about their service.
2. Schedule your time
After you have shortlisted a suitable transporter then you must schedule your time when you want to transport your car. Most of these companies generally ship within a week after your booking and hence based on your schedule you must book well in advance.
3. Understand all the rules of the company
You must get fully familiarized with all the rules and procedures of the shipping company and know what are the documents that you need to submit to them. Also, get your car inspected in presence of them and take a few photographs.
4. Reach your destination in advance
You must be available at your destination to collect and receive your car. Get your car reinspected based on the photographs that you had taken before and make sure that your car is not damaged.